Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Date Night In


Tonight was date night -- we decided to do it "in" this week. It was so HOT outside, we couldn't think of anywhere we'd rather be then in our air conditoned house, and in our own pool. So we took the kids over to my sister's house and picked up subs and Mike's hard lemonade and came home again. We had a picnic on the floor in the family room (hey, it was hot out!) and then went outside to drink in the late afternoon sun and warm up a bit before the pool.


I have to say, having date night is really fun. Not only do we have fun making the plans for it, but we also have something to look forward to after the weekend, and also, we're really enjoying the actual night! It feels like we're carefree again -- for these few hours -- kid-less, worry-free, and enjoying each other's company... who could ask for more? I think this might just be working!

I'm liking it!!! :) :)



4 comments:

Karianne said...

How fun!
I just asked my sister to keep my kids for a weekend sometime this summer. I hope that it will work out!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a really fun night! I tried to call you last night before I remembered it was Tuesday. I let it ring once and hung up.

Glad that you were able to really enjoy yourselves. The pool sounds great with this hot weather.

BTW, I got your sparklers. Keep forgetting to tell you.

Mary said...

Very cool! I'm so glad you are enjoying you dates :D

Unknown said...

Love the pic! You guys are so cute together!

Maybe we could have a double date one night ( is that allowed? )