Monday, July 23, 2007

Julie's Techno Meme

Cell phones
How long have you had a cell phone? (If you don’t have one, why not? What would prompt you to get one?) I have had my phone for about 8 years or so? I think, give or take a year or two... What prompted me to get one? Umm.. I told Brian I needed a phone for "emergencies" ;)


How much do you use it? I use it constantly... so much, in fact, that Brian has to up my cell phone plan to more minutes... because, I need more! (I told him that in the beginning, but did he listen?? No...)


Do you get jittery without it? Yes! I need to be "connected" at all times...


Computers
How many computers in your house? One


How does the time break down? (work/play/email/blogs/etc.) Email - 1/3, Boards/Chat friends - 1/3, Blogs -1/3

If your computer malfunctions, do you-
Log in as root and fix the problem in a few swift keystrokes?
Get some online help and fix it yourself with slightly slower keystrokes?
Enlist outside help? from whom? How does he or she respond when you ask for assistance?
Opt for the wishful thinking computer repair strategy, also known as the reboot-with-fingers-crossed strategy?
I get some online help and try to fix it myself.... If I can't I call tech support, if that doesn't help I have a friend from church who has helped me out a few times... can't go long without my computer! :)


Meta
What techno-gadget would you most like to own? iPod.. hands down, no doubt about it!
Of those you own (including PDA, iPod, etc.), which you miss most acutely if you dropped it in the lake accidentally while canoeing? I'd miss my iPod the most if I had one!

What’s something you’ll never buy? I would buy anything if I had the money (not a good steward I guess!) But I love technology and I love to play around with all the gadget-y stuff! I think I'm a nerd!) ;) Or is it that I wish I was one? ;)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I don't really have a comment about this entry, but I just saw you commented on my blog so I thought I'd say 'Hi'. I've noticed we have quite a few things in common, which is always fun! I'm excited to keep reading more! Have a great day