OK it's time I get myself back to myself and do my memes again.. I love those things!! And I love Christmas! So what better, my dears, then a Christmas meme????? YAY!!!!!!!!!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Mostly wrapping paper, but a few gift bags.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. I have never had the experience of having a live tree, because my dad was allergic... now I'm used to my pre-lit tree... so... it's never been a big deal to me. (But after reading Kariannes thing about them catching on fire, now I'm afraid of them too and I won't ever have one either!)
3. When do you put up the tree? We usually put it up Thanksgiving weekend or thereabouts.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually by the end of the holidays... new years day or somewhere around there. Sometimes we wait a week more. I hate putting it away. :(
5. Do you like eggnog? I don't mind to taste it, but usually only one glass of it per season. That is enough for me till next year. :)
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My purple Donny and Marie guitar!!!!! It was a-ma-zing and I could play that thang!!!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes I do.. my nativity scene is the ceramic one that my mom made the year I was born... big figures and a huge life-like stable that is just so amazing.. I will have to post a photo. I remember as a child my mom letting me unwrap each piece and place them in the stable, and I loved it so much. When I got married 11 years ago, my mom let me know that I could have her Nativity and I cried. I have always loved it so much, it is a huge part of my memories as a child and now I let Jonathan (not Katie yet!) put it up with me.
8. Hardest person to buy for? At this point, it's my son, Jonathan, believe it or not.. he's kind of in between babyish and bigger boy things, so we're a little stuck.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Katie, Brian, or yes, sadly, myself. I know what I want!! ;)
10. Mail or E-Mail Christmas Cards? Mail
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A hideous.. i mean hideous.. purse.. can't say whom it was from, just in case she ever reads here (she doesn't at the moment, so no worries ;) )
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas.. Gotta love Bing!!!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I start in October usually.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Absolutely!! And wedding gifts (think they're all gone, now..), and shower gifts, baby gifts.... you get the idea.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Oh my. Sponge candy? Clam dip with chips?
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? white lights
17. Favorite Christmas song? Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home girl here.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers? of course! Can't you? ;)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? ehhh... right now it's a globey type thing.. Brian and I can't decide ... I want an angel, he wants a star, so at the moment we have neither. It's pretty, but.. ehh... no comment.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning for us.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? me trying to stay even keeled, not get ahead of myself, yet still get the 837465067 things done on my list.
23. Favorite ornament theme or Color? No themed trees for this girl.. it's all a collection of ornaments I've gotten over the years as gifts (from teaching, directing the Christmas play at church, from friends), some my mom gave me when I got married, and ones the kids have made. A little bit of everything! :)
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Roast Beef and yorkshire pudding.. a traditional Welsh meal
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A bluetooth!!! :) Well, I want a laptop, but I know that's not happening. lol