Wednesday, April 25, 2007

100 things about me (maybe)

OK, so I'm going to try this. I have no idea if there is even 100 things I can think of, so I am not promising a darn thing. I'll give it my best shot! :)

***********************************************************************

1) I am the youngest of 3 girls.

2) I am several years younger then my middle sister, so it really felt like I was an only child growing up on a lot of levels.

3) I'm best friends with my middle sister -- my oldest sister and I aren't really all that close, but her daughter and son are in my heart in a big way.

4) My parents are a huge part of mine and my kids lives.

5) My mom is my other best friend.

6) I talk to them (my mom and my middle sister) every single day -- sometimes more then once.

7) When I was young, all I ever wanted was to grow up, get married and have babies. Lots of babies.

8) God had other plans for me (on the baby end)

9) We struggled to have even one baby, but were blessed after infertility with a beautiful baby boy (miracle #1)

10) When he was 2 years old, we got pregnant again (miracle #2) without drugs!

11) We lost that baby 10 weeks into the pregnancy. We were devastated.

12) We named him Keelan Lark.

13) Keelan Lark ~ Slender little bird that sang a beautiful song and then flew away

14) Getting pregnant again wasn't possible, although we didn't know that then.

15) We were blessed with a baby girl via private adoption 3 years later. It is by God's grace that we are her adoptive parents (Miracle #3)

16) We wouldn't change a thing about the whole process -- except of course we wish we didn't have to wait until Heaven to meet our little Keelan.

17) I struggle with depression.

18) I love people.

19) I get nervous if my house isn't clean, and I am always looking for a better "system" to clean it with.

20) I love my computer!

21) I love to read.

22) I love to sing!

23) My favorite Christian group is Selah http://www.selahonline.com/

24) I went to college and have a degree in Liberal Arts/Humanities/Social Sciences/ with an emphasis on Early Childhood Education.

25) I taught Pre-K for 6 years before getting married and staying home.

26) I nannied for a bit while we tried getting pregnant.

27) Now I stay at home with the kids full time, and it's the hardest, most rewarding, happiest, some days most difficult, best time of my life. (Can you tell I'm all over the map on this one?)

28) Someday when the kids are both in school (my oldest in in kindergarten, the little one is only 1), I want to work part time again, but I always want to be Mom first.

29) I am a purse girl.

30) I wear makeup everyday. My never go without is lipstick. I can skip the foundation, mascara, and eyeshadow, but never the lipstick. (I usually wear the others too. Not always the foundation, but now that I'm getting older, I'm finding it's harder to skip that like I used to...)

31) I'm only at 31???

32) I'm not a skinny person.

33) I recently lost 40 pounds and have been maintaining that for about a year.

34) I would still like to lose about 20-30 more.

35) I'm not obsessed with losing weight anymore (like I was in my youth)

36) I want to be healthy so that I'm around for my kids and grand kids.

37) In my heart I'd love it if I could be a vegan or vegetarian (but know I'd never have the guts to really go for it!)

38) I'm trying to convert the family to non-hydrogenated, whole wheat, non-enriched products.

39) It hasn't been easy, but it's working.

40) I think.

41) I have 2 what I would call my best friends (outside of my family) and one other really really close friend. I guess I would say 3 best friends.

42) I don't like mean people.

43) I have a great husband.

44) He grocery shops! (which is why it's a bit hard to get him to totally convert to the whole wheat thing -- he is buying the bad stuff sometimes! But hello! He's shopping for me! Can I hardly complain?)

45) I can't eat peanut butter (it gives me horrible migraines)

46) I never wanted peanut butter until I was told I couldn't have it (isn't that always the way??)

47) Does anyone even care about any of this stuff I'm writing about? LOL

48) OK I'm out. Maybe at some point I'll think of some more and add to my list.

49) Oh ok, one more.. I don't think I should have done this list, because now I've discovered that I'm boring and uninteresting as well!! heehee

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though I know you, I loved reading that stuff! You are SO NOT boring!

Karianne said...

We have a lot in common. Our first pregnancy loss was also at 10 weeks, and his name was Spike. (I'm serious!) We then had Ivy, then adopted Becken. Samey samey! I adore purses, especially knock offs.

I'm sure that there are more, but those are what came off of the top of my head while writing this.

Anonymous said...

Of course we care, Cath! :D I looove reading other people's 100 things...even strangers...they totally fascinate me!

Anonymous said...

CATH! You are so NOT boring! But now I want to do a 100 Things about me list and the google thing!!!

Lisa